Thursday, June 18, 2009

Video Work

Stills from a series of analog video art work entitled, Black Box Recordings









http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Title: Mapping the Invisible
Media: Video , (please see youtube link for excerpts) with sound
shown on portable b/w, tv/radio, (the last photo of the series above is an installation view from the Artists for Social Justice Show

Journal entry 02/14/08, Observations from the Black Space Residency

In a field 
I am the absence 
of field. 
This is 
always the case. 
Wherever I am 
I am what is missing. 

When I walk 
I part the air 
and always 
the air moves in 
to fill the spaces 
where my body's been. 

We all have reasons 
for moving. 
I move 
to keep things whole. 

-Mark Strand. from the poem, Keeping Things Whole

During time spent taking part in The Black Space Residency Program I collected this footage. I lost track of the storms, all I have to document my time there is this artifact, everything else is immaterial. In that black space, the environment or atmosphere appears in reverse, with light space dark and dark, light...the air swallows everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brochure Design - Small Business Bible
Brochure Design