Sunday, August 14, 2005

Lying in bed...it's a relatively quiet night here in Downtown, LA. I'm mind numbingly tired but want to accomplish so much. I finally understand what Gary said about wishing that he would never have to sleep because it's a waste of time. As soothing as sleep can be, as much of a ticket to pause life as it is I just don't want to do it anymore. I may be replaying my conversation with Gary from who knows how long ago but...
Wouldn't it be lovely if you could work through sleep? Imagine how much work one could accomplish with the added time. I think that in response I said, but it's the lack of sleep that is actually impeding the consistent production. We were both right.
Words.
These are my last six days of my Getty Grant to work with the MAK Center for Art and Architecture. As it's drawing to a close I'm starting to feel sad that it's over.
Perhaps for the lack of a regular paycheck or is it that I really enjoyed this more than I'm willing to admit?
Well, whatever the reason now isn't the time to sort that out. I've got to wake up early tomorrow.
The Dr. Bronner's bottle says that all one needs is enough sleep and Dr. Bronner's well, at least I have one out of two. I'll keep working on the former.

I suppose that the Bus service is minimal on a Sunday night in LA. How many of the sweatshops are in operation on this day of Sun. Where are all of the buses kept when they are not sitting idling in front of my building. It's not completely quiet here. There are buses on other streets. What is the system?
I should call dad and ask him whether buses run on an automatic transmission or manual.
Buses sound like the inside of horns mashing against each other.
Disparate thoughts.
When will I make it to Denali to see the wild goats?
-
So what do I want to do here?
Like a politician I've got plans, big ones.
I want to record my starts and stops. I'd like to think of this as a step towards cultivating my snobbery and making it more palatable for myself and others. Teehee.
Okay, how about this...
These postings will provide me with a space wherein I may organize and analyze, write about art, film and all artistic disciplines that I come in contact with or desire to. I'll mince words and broadcast them for harvest in 45 days.
So much for first words. First anything leaves a lot of room for disappointment and improvement.
Noodles-that was my first word
Tune in tomorrow for my second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brochure Design - Small Business Bible
Brochure Design